Sunday, October 5, 2008

Paranoia: Savvis

Our computers are constantly bombarded with servers trying to access our systems, where they glean some of our data. I’m not sure what they are looking for; maybe the websites we visit? Most web users are oblivious to this fact because it all happens in the background.

In any case, this morning I was showered with access attempts by Savvis-Incorporated. I have PeerGuardian2 installed which blocks access from various servers to my computer. This morning PeerGuardian2 was without stopping denying requests from Savvis to my computer from 00:59:42 until I eventually gave permission at 14:14:46, just so that the assault could stop. My system was really slow and I was desperately searching for a solution.

Now why do Savvis request access to my system? Savvis is an international communication and data corporation. Are they trying to find dirt on people in order to extort them like their co-founder was recently found guilty off?

The interesting thing is that I’m blocked (somehow) from opening their website: http://www.savvis.net

I had to use a proxy browser to access their website under a fake IP.

In my own silly little retaliation here is some of their information. I suggest you use a program to block their IP-address from getting access to your system too.

Here is the IP-address of Savvis’ server: 216.34.181.97

And some more personal information:

OrgNOCHandle: NOC99-ARIN
OrgNOCName: SAVVIS Support Center
OrgNOCPhone: + 1-888-638-6771
OrgNOCEmail: ipnoc@savvis.net

OrgTechHandle: UIAA-ARIN
OrgTechName: US IP Address Administration
OrgTechPhone: +1-888-638-6771
OrgTechEmail: kelli.coburn@savvis.net


Of course, I’m paranoid, so don’t listen to a word I say.

No comments: