Sunday, July 26, 2009

Comparative Religions

From one site to another, I stumbled onto this great chart that compares the main features of over 40 religions. From my quick perusal it actually looks quite objective. So far, I'm quite impressed. It would have been nice, however, if I could get it ordered according to worldview; for instance, all the pantheistic religions together, all the monotheistic religions together, etc. Nonetheless, it is still a handy chart for people like me with interest in comparative religious studies. Now this is something that I would enjoy teaching one day.

If you're not sure where you fit in, start by asking yourself what's your worldview: theistic, deistic, pantheistic, atheistic. What ever you do, don't go for the cop-out.

I used to be a pantheist (New Age). Now I'm a theist.

2 comments:

morbidneko said...

that's a neat chart. it reads almost like a menu: "What do you believe, this is what we offer."

^_^

It looks like I don't really fit in anywhere... yet. I suppose I have to choose what I believe, then actively follow that path.

If what I see is true, it is as AC/DC said, I may be on that proverbial "highway to hell".

i certainly hope that's not the case.

will download your good news, and see if it makes sense to me.

i wonder if i'll be one of the 144,000. It seems unlikely.

Prophet, if one is, for example, a mormon, and you believe what you're told 100%, and you're absolutely sure about it - you STILL end up in hell?

It's ... probably an old question as well.

But, it just seems sort of unfair.

I don't know. What do you think?

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Answer: http://prophetkangnamgu.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-about-people-in-wrong-church.html