Thursday, September 20, 2007

Strange Obama and stranger Omaha

I’m committing the ultimate social sin. I’m talking politics, and I’m doing so as an outsider look into American politics, pretending that I have an idea what’s going on in that country.

Allow me a moment. If I were an American and if I had to vote I would probably vote for the Democrats. My reason is purely based on the principle that it is more likely that Church and State will remain separate under a liberal government. Unfortunately there seems to be a strangeness about the Democrats that will make me think a little longer about who gets my vote.

The favorite democrat candidate is probably Senator Barak Obama. However let me share some quotes by Sen. Obama from a recent online debate on Yahoo! that had me frowning.

“And we've got to unify the American people, getting them to come together around a long-term national security strategy in which stabilizing Iraq is only a part. It also has to include going aggressively after al-Qaida…”

I thought the Democrats are pursuing an anti-war policy. Or does “going aggressively after al-Qaida” mean something other than war?

“And so it is an imperfect system. As you know, Charlie, money is the original sin of politics, and when you're running for president, you're going to do some sinning when it comes to raising money because otherwise you can't compete.”

So in a Democratic paradigm doing “some sinning” is okay as long as the end justifies the means? So that was what Bill Clinton was thinking when he sinned with his secretary.

From one senator to another – Sen. Ernie Chambers, the “Maverick of Omaha”, recently sued God. Sen. Chambers filed the lawsuit, seeking an injuction to order God to “cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic [sic] threats…” Apparently the suit requests the court waive personal service, since God is Omnipresent, the plaintiff is of the opinion that God has knowledge of it.

“Chambers asks for the court to grant him a summary judgement. He says as an alternative, he wants the judge to set a date for a hearing as ‘expeditiously’ as possible and enter a permanent injunction enjoining God from engaging in the types of deleterious actions and the making of terroristic threats described in the lawsuit.” (MSNBC)

So who're you gonna vote for? The scary conservatives or the crazy liberals?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070918/ap_on_fe_st/odd_suing_god
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20823832

No comments: